Island Day Trip Preparation
Booked your trip? Read this post for what to know before you go!
- Please arrive at your harbor of departure 45 minutes before your scheduled mainland departure. Pack food and drink for your time on the island.
- A small cooler with a single handle or a backpack will help to protect your food from the small animals and birds that populate the islands year-round.
- There are no shops or restaurants on the island.
- Santa Cruz Island at Scorpion and Santa Rosa Island have fresh/potable water. Anacapa Island, San Miguel Island, Santa Cruz Island at Prisoners & Santa Barbara Island DO NOT have fresh/potable water. Please plan for your destination.
- Visitors to the island must take all their trash with them when they depart the island.
- Flat shoes with rubber soles are best for both the boat and the island. We recommend hiking shoes. We suggest passengers do not wear loose or leather soled sandals or flip flops on your island adventure.
- Weather conditions can change rapidly in the Santa Barbara Channel. It is always best to dress in layers and bring a jacket/sweatshirt (even in the summer months).
- Shade is available in some limited locations, but visitors should bring hat and sunscreen for UV protection that can occur year round and on overcast days.