To camp in the Channel Islands National Park you must have both a boat reservation and a campground reservation. By clicking the two buttons below you will be able to view both the reservation system for the boat and for the campground in two separate windows. You can use these programs to check availability.
This is one of the two campground that are site specific so when you reserve your site you will be assigned a site number/letter. Campsite 1 is closest to the pier where you disembark the boat.
Scorpion Campground has potable water. Family sites have a picnic table and a large food storage box. Group sites have multiple tables and storage boxes. You may not clean dishes at the water spigots, so you will need a container to get water back to your campsite.
ATTENTION CAMPERS - During the rough weather months, November through May, you will need to make sure Island Packers' schedule has not been changed due to ocean/weather conditions before you leave the camping area for the day. Schedule changes are relayed to the park in the morning and the bulletin board or the ranger will have schedule change information. Campers during these month should come prepared with extra food in case weather prevents us from our planned pick up.
The National Park does not allow campfires or charcoal burning on the island at any time.
What you will need for a great trip:
- Food for your time on the island. (no store or restaurant)
- Water container to get water to your campsite
- Kitchen utensils and camp stove (No campfires are permitted)
- An Island Packers reservation
- A campsite reservation
- A tent and sleeping bag(s)
- Gear that meets the Island Packers Restrictions/Guidelines
- Warm clothes for the cool evenings that can occur year round.
- Two pairs of shoes (wet & dry) if you plan on getting in the ocean.