Santa Cruz Island is the largest Island in the Park and in the Channel Islands chain. It offers the largest campgrounds at Scorpion Anchorage. There are a total of 31 sites. 25 Sites (1-25) are family sites for up to six people and six sites (A-G) are group sites holding up to 15 people maximum in each site. Group sites may be reserved 1 year in advance and you may have up four sites (60 people) before you will need to contact the National Park for a Special Use Permit. Family sites can be reserved up to six months in advance. Family Sites are $15.00 per night and Group Sites are $40.00 per night. You may reserve up to 7 consecutive nights.
To camp in the Channel Islands National Park you must have both a boat reservation and a campground reservation. By clicking the two buttons below you will be able to view both the reservation system for the boat and for the campground in two separate windows. You can use these programs to check availability.
This is one of the two campground that are site specific so when you reserve your site you will be assigned a site number/letter. Campsite 1 is closest to the pier where you disembark the boat.
Scorpion Campground has potable water. Family sites have a picnic table and a large food storage box. Group sites have multiple tables and storage boxes. You may not clean dishes at the water spigots, so you will need a container to get water back to your campsite.
The National Park does not allow campfires or charcoal burning on the island at any time.
What you will need for a great trip:
- Food for your time on the island. (no store or restaurant)
- Water container to get water to your campsite
- Kitchen utensils and camp stove (No campfires are permitted)
- An Island Packers reservation
- A campsite reservation
- A tent and sleeping bag(s)
- Gear that meets the Island Packers Restrictions/Guidelines
- Warm cloths for the cool evenings that can occur year round.
- Two pairs of shoes (wet & dry) if you plan on getting in the ocean.