There are ten campsites on Santa Barbara Island each site may be occupied with up to four people. All campsites have a picnic table and food storage box. Vault style toilets are in the camping area.
There is no water available so campers must provide their own water. The campground is reached via a steep trail and stairs rising 200 feet from the dock landing. There are no trees or shade on Santa Barbara Island.
Campsite are not site specific and must be reserved in advance of your mainland departure. Site can be booked up to six months in advance and fill very quickly. Please check campsite availability before booking your Island Packers camper transportation.
Campers may hike the many trails for views of other islands, the coastline, sunrises and sunsets along with many species of birds and seals and sea lions.
Kayaking along the islands rugged shore line is a popular activity with many campers. Large kelp beds provide excellent areas to view sea life while kayaking or snorkeling the landing cove.
What you will need for a great trip:
- Food for your time on the island. (no store or restaurant)
- Kitchen utensils and camp stove (No campfires are permitted)
- Flash light or lantern
- Fresh /Drinking Water (suggested1 gallon per day per person)
- An Island Packers reservation.
- A campsite reservation.
- A tent and sleeping bag(s)
- Gear packed so it that meets the Island Packers Restrictions/Guidelines
- Sturdy shoes and warm clothes for the cool evenings that can occur year round.
- Hat, Sunscreen and long sleeved shirt.