Weather in the Santa Barbara Channel is unpredictable, and can be rough. The vessel you will be going
on is Coast Guard inspected and is operated by an experienced captain and crew. If you come properly
prepared you should have an enjoyable trip and one you will long remember. Please dress as indicated,
and bring only those items you need. Every boat has a different motion (pitch and roll). Even if you are
experienced on boats, please hold onto hand rails when moving about or standing, and watch how and
where you step. Island Packers cannot guarantee landing, at times weather and sea conditions prevent it.
• Arrive one hour before departure time.
• All gear must be loaded on the boat 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
• Parking is limited due to high demand and restrictions. Carpooling is strongly recommended.
PACKING FOR YOUR TRIP
Island Packers has limitations on size, weight and types of gear that can be transported because of the
difficulty of transferring it ashore and the limited storage space on board our vessels. At the islands, all
gear must be transported from the vessel by our crew either by shore boat beach landings or lifted up a
ladder onto a pier.
• NO ITEM OVER 45 LBS. This includes Ice chest, back packs and food storage containers.
• Each passenger may bring up to 3 items weighing 45 lbs or less per item and one carry-on that must
fit under a bench seat.
• Passengers in excess of the 3 item restriction may be charged a rate of .25 cents per pound for
• Water containers may not exceed 3 gallons. Water will be stored on the deck
• All propane, gases and flammable liquids must be kept separate from gear going below deck. All fuel
will be placed in a special container for transport.
• Label all your gear, including water bottles, fuel containers & ice chests with your name.
• DO NOT BRING - We Will Not Transports the following items:
• Gear with dangling items attached.
• Carts, Dollies or Wagons
• Items over 45 lbs - Includes ice chests.
• Items stored in paper or plastic bags.
• Items stored in used cardboard boxes.
• Outboard motors, rubber rafts, windsurfers or paddle boards
• Surfboards over 8 feet in length
• ALL your gear should be marked with your name and a phone number if you would like it
returned if lost or misplaced.
• When your vessel is scheduled for more than one island stop, color tape is used to mark the
gears destination. Island Packers will supply the tape prior to gear loading.
• Tape Colors for our Destinations
• Santa Cruz, Scorpion Cove- No Tape Required
• Santa Cruz, Prisoners Harbor - Red Tape
• Santa Rosa Island- Green Tape
• San Miguel- Blue Tape
• Anacapa Island-Yellow Tape
• Santa Barbara Island- Orange Tape
You must have a camping permit to stay overnight. To obtain a permit/reservation, call
877-444-6777 or go to www.recreation.gov. All gear must be carried to the campsite. Picnic tables with
protective food box are at each campsite to secure your food from animals and birds. All trash must be
packed off the island. No fires are allowed - Camp stoves are permitted. On the day of your departure
from the island, please be ready to board your gear 1/2 hour before your departure time.
CHECK - IN
A limited number of kayaks can be transported on our vessels. Because of certain kayak types, size and
material construction restrictions, space for kayak transport must be made by calling Island Packers at
805-642-1393. Each Kayak must have a 6-8' bow line with a clip on the fee end and be empty of ALL
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY
SAFETY ABOARD THE VESSEL
In case of unfavorable weather or sea conditions, Island Packers will cancel at 5:30 AM on the day of
your trip. On the morning of your departure, after 5:30 AM, please call 805-642-1393, Select option 4
and listen to the recorded message for the status of your trip. Island Packers will not call you if trips are
cancelled due to weather or sea conditions. During late Fall through Spring bring extra food in case bad
weather and/or sea conditions causes delays in scheduled island departure times.
The Local Islands
The Outer Islands
1691 Spinnaker Drive #105B
Ventura, Ca 93001
Channel Islands Harbor
3550 Harbor Boulevard
Oxnard, CA 93035 (No Mail)
9:AM to 5:00 PM
& One Hour Before Boat
Seven Days a Week
Open One Hour Before Boat